Twice each month we highlight recently published cost-utility studies and selected reviews and editorials.
1. Atherly AJ, Camidge DR. The cost-effectiveness of screening lung cancer patients for targeted drug sensitivity markers. Br J Cancer. 2012 Feb 28. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 22374459.
2. Ito K, Blinder VS, Elkin EB. Cost Effectiveness of Fracture Prevention in Postmenopausal Women Who Receive Aromatase Inhibitors for Early Breast Cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2012 Feb 27. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 22370313.
3. Guillermin AL, Lloyd A, Best JH, Beth Deyoung M, Samyshkin Y, Aledort Gaebler J. Long-term cost-consequence analysis of exenatide once weekly versus sitagliptin or pioglitazone for the treatment of type 2 diabetes patients in the United States. J Med Econ. 2012 Feb 28. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 22369345.
4. Alzahouri K, Bahrami S, Durand-Zaleski I, Guillemin F, Roux C. Cost-effectiveness of osteoporosis treatments in postmenopausal women using FRAX™ thresholds for decision. Joint Bone Spine. 2012 Feb 24. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 22366150.
5. Ikenberg R, Hertel N, Andrew Moore R, Obradovic M, Baxter G, Conway P, Liedgens H. Cost-effectiveness of tapentadol prolonged release compared with oxycodone controlled release in the UK in patients with severe non-malignant chronic pain who failed 1st line treatment with morphine. J Med Econ. 2012 Feb 26. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 22364286.
6. Cadilhac DA, Carter R, Thrift AG, Dewey HM. Organized Blood Pressure Control Programs to Prevent Stroke in Australia: Would They Be Cost-Effective? Stroke. 2012 Feb 23. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 22363058.
7. Lamond NW, Skedgel C, Rayson D, Lethbridge L, Younis T. Cost-utility of the 21-gene recurrence score assay in node-negative and node-positive breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012 Feb 24. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 22361999.
8. Phillips CJ, Phillips R, Main CJ, Watson PJ, Davies S, Farr A, Harper C, Noble G, Aylward M, Downton M, Hale J, Packman J. The cost effectiveness of NHS physiotherapy support for Occupational Health (OH) services. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2012 Feb 23;13(1):29. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 22361319.
9. Wong IO, Tsang JW, Cowling BJ, Leung GM. Optimizing resource allocation forbreast cancer prevention and care among Hong Kong Chinese women. Cancer. 2012 Feb 22. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 22359352.
10. Yang M, Rajan S, Issa AM. Cost effectiveness of gene expression profiling for early stage breast cancer: A decision-analytic model. Cancer. 2012 Feb 22. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 22359236.
11. Smith KJ, Wateska AR, Nowalk MP, Raymund M, Nuorti JP, Zimmerman RK. Cost-effectiveness of adult vaccination strategies using pneumococcal conjugate vaccine compared with pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine. JAMA. 2012 Feb 22;307(8):804-12. PubMed PMID: 22357831.
12. Gerzeli S, Rognoni C, Quaglini S, Cavallo MC, Cremonesi G, Papi A. Cost-Effectiveness and Cost-Utility of Beclomethasone/Formoterol versus Fluticasone Propionate/Salmeterol in Patients with Moderate to Severe Asthma. Clin Drug Investig. 2012 Feb 21. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 22352412.
13. Liu S, Cipriano LE, Holodniy M, Owens DK, Goldhaber-Fiebert JD. New protease inhibitors for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C: a cost-effectiveness analysis. Ann Intern Med. 2012 Feb 21;156(4):279-90. PubMed PMID: 22351713.
14. Schousboe JT, Gourlay M, Fink HA, Taylor BC, Orwoll ES, Barrett-Connor E, Melton LJ 3rd, Cummings SR, Ensrud KE; For the Osteoporotic Fractures in Men (MrOS) and Study of Osteoporotic Fractures (SOF) Research Groups. Cost-effectiveness of bone densitometry among Caucasian women and men without a prior fracture according to age and body weight. Osteoporos Int. 2012 Feb 17. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 22349916.
15. Sharp L, Tilson L, Whyte S, O'Ceilleachair A, Walsh C, Usher C, Tappenden P, Chilcott J, Staines A, Barry M, Comber H. Cost-effectiveness of population-based screening for colorectal cancer: a comparison of guaiac-based faecal occult blood testing, faecal immunochemical testing and flexible sigmoidoscopy. Br J Cancer. 2012 Feb 28;106(5):805-16. doi: 10.1038/bjc.2011.580. Epub 2012 Feb 16. PubMed PMID: 22343624.
16. Verheggen BG, Lee R, Lieuw On MM, Treur MJ, Botteman MF, Kaplan SA, Trocio JN. Estimating the quality-of-life impact and cost-effectiveness of alpha-blocker and anti-muscarinic combination treatment in men with lower urinary tract symptoms related to benign prostatic hyperplasia and overactive bladder. J Med Econ. 2012 Feb 24. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 22332704.
17. Dunlop W, Uhl R, Khan I, Taylor A, Barton G. Quality of life benefits and cost impact of prolonged release oxycodone/naloxone versus prolonged release oxycodone in patients with moderate-to-severe non-malignant pain and opioid-induced constipation: a UK cost-utility analysis. J Med Econ. 2012 Feb 23. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 22313329.
18. Boer R, Lalla AM, Belozeroff V. Cost-effectiveness of cinacalcet in secondary hyperparathyroidism in the United States. J Med Econ. 2012 Feb 21. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 22313328.
19. Ascher-Svanum H Phd, Furiak NM Ms, Lawson AH Ma, Klein TM Bs, Smolen LJ Bs, Conley RR Md, Culler SD Phd. Cost-effectiveness of several atypical antipsychotics in orally disintegrating tablets compared with standard oral tablets in the treatment of schizophrenia in the United States. J Med Econ. 2012 Feb 21. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 22304338.
20. Coupé VM, Bogaards JA, Meijer CJ, Berkhof J. Impact of vaccine protection against multiple HPV types on the cost-effectiveness of cervical screening. Vaccine. 2012 Feb 27;30(10):1813-22. Epub 2012 Jan 10. PubMed PMID: 22240341.
21. Rein DB, Smith BD, Wittenborn JS, Lesesne SB, Wagner LD, Roblin DW, Patel N, Ward JW, Weinbaum CM. The cost-effectiveness of birth-cohort screening for hepatitis C antibody in u.s. Primary care settings. Ann Intern Med. 2012 Feb 21;156(4):263-70. Epub 2011 Nov 4. PubMed PMID: 22056542.
By Teja Thorat